LaTeXing - Professional Typesetting

An extension for Sublime Text which makes your life
easier and more comfortable while creating your documents.

ST Color Schemes to work with Latexing

Talk about everything, LaTeX news etc...

ST Color Schemes to work with Latexing

Postby Dellu » Mon Nov 18, 2013 8:13 pm

I was wondering which of the available themes and color Schemes of ST 3 would be great for writing Latex. Most of the color schemes I have tried are inlined to programmers; the dark and colored themes are a bit hard for serious writing. So far I find Brett's MarkdownEditor http://ttscoff.github.io/MarkdownEditing/ quite good. But, still inclined for Markdown; content and latex command are not clearly distinguishable. It would be great if we can have a color themes with the looks and feels of the familiar Latex editors (with clear distinction of latex commands and content).

any suggestion?

----
Dellu
Dellu

Re: ST Color Schemes to work with Latexing

Postby Chris » Tue Nov 19, 2013 2:18 pm

We could go and develop one together, perhaps enhance the one you mentioned for proper LaTeX. I am open for any suggestion, and also swapping my schemes regular since I am not 100% satisfied to far.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby Jodles » Sun Jan 19, 2014 12:56 pm

A LaTeX colour scheme with focus on serious writing would be great. I find most themes prioritise the commands rather than the text. When writing a long paper I'd prefer to rather have more subtle command colours (still varying in colour, but less saturation), and more focus on the actual content/text of the paper. Further, if possible, background highlighting across the entire line for things like
Code: Select all
\section
s would be incredibly useful to keep a long document easy to navigate visually (in addition to CMD+R).
Jodles

Postby ph03 » Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:23 am

I also looked around a lot for a good LaTeX color scheme and I'm currently using

https://github.com/jonschlinkert/sublim ... i-extended

which highlights relevant document properties reasonably well IMHO.
I would also be interested in a dedicated scheme / approach.
ph03

Return to General Discussion