LaTeXing - Professional Typesetting

An extension for Sublime Text which makes your life
easier and more comfortable while creating your documents.

make autofill for large .bib faster

Collection of new Ideas and Feature Requests

make autofill for large .bib faster

Postby maxheld » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:13 pm

my .bib is is 1.7MB large.
When I type \cite{ and thereby trigger the autofill (which I want), there's a very noticeably delay during which the autofill suggestions seem to load. In an otherwise instantly fast Sublime Text experience, that's quite the bummer.
Any way some intelligent caching or otherwise might improve this?

Also, while I wait for the autofill to load, ST2 becomes unresponsive, so I can't even continue to type but get stopped in my tracks.

UPDATE: I had this experience with an outdated version of Latexing on ST2. Sorry about the misleading feedback. I understand Chris has solved this problem in the meantime.
Last edited by maxheld on Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
maxheld

Re: make autofill for large .bib faster

Postby Chris » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:31 pm

That was significant improved in I believe 0.7 by using a integrated cache system, so the ST3 version don't have this delays anymore.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby greg » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:53 am

I noticed a clear slow down after some upgrade (maybe to latexing 1.0). Right now the autocomplete for cite takes nearly 2 sec to pop up for a 23 KB bib file and a 1.4 MB zotero cache file. Anyway to speed this up? Is it possible that a recent latexing version started pulling more stuff from zotero or includes additional information that makes the zotero cache file larger (abstracts or whatever)? 2 seconds is pretty long...
greg

Postby Chris » Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:31 am

Yes there was a change in 1.0 which effects this time significant. The reason for this change was to be more flexible to a change of the citekey format in the settings.

In 1.1 it is fast again (you can please check the latest testing version) because the generation of the citekey will be performed during the start of sublime text.
Chris
Site Admin

Postby maxheld » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:43 am

great, thanks so much for the awesome support!
I have amended my original post: this was about Latexing with ST2, which is not the current version.
maxheld

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests