LaTeXing - Professional Typesetting

An extension for Sublime Text which makes your life
easier and more comfortable while creating your documents.

[Solved] Possibility of creating own commands

Collection of new Ideas and Feature Requests

[Solved] Possibility of creating own commands

Postby analogue_man » Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:35 pm

How about the possibility of creating own commands?

For example: I am using the csquotes package a lot and need to wrap text with either
Code: Select all
\foreignblockcquote{english}{Text}

or simplier

Code: Select all
 \enquote{Text}

In the tutorials and the documentation I couldn't find any hint on this. With latextools you simply have to press CMD,L+CMD,C to at least wrap a selected text in a command. Couldn't find this solution in latexing. CMD,L+CMD,W+Q or sth. similar would be a really good option, since I like to be able to switch between different quote styles.
analogue_man

Re: Possibility of creating own commands

Postby Chris » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:53 pm

Thanks, in this case you missed this keybinding (introduced with 0.9) http://www.latexing.com/docs/stable/use ... ex-command

I will think about a possibility to create custom command, perhaps more a list of favourite commands.
Chris
Site Admin

Re: Possibility of creating own commands

Postby analogue_man » Wed Dec 18, 2013 1:38 pm

Thank you! Actually I found this key combination but unfortunately it makes a command out of the selected word. What I am looking for is the possibility to have specific word or bunch of words already selected and then wrap the selection with a command.

For example: When I select the word WORD, hit CMD,L + CMD,C, it becomes \WORD{} but I think having \cmd{WORD} instead seems more practical.
analogue_man

Return to Ideas and Feature Requests