LaTeXing - Professional Typesetting

An extension for Sublime Text which makes your life
easier and more comfortable while creating your documents.

[Solved] Titles of refs are incorrectly displayed as "none"

Report a Bug in the Stable Version.

[Solved] Titles of refs are incorrectly displayed as "none"

Postby Dellu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:03 am

My Bib file contains hundreds of references that I carefully edited in Jabref. They all have Keys, Author, Title, Year, Journal and Publisher. When I use auto_trigger_fill in Latexing (by typing \cite{ ), however, the menu displays the titles of most of my references as none. The titles are there in the bib file, some of them surrounded by braces others without. The output on the PDF is correct; the titles are correctly recognized in Latex. but, Latexing is not recognizing them.

What went wrong here?
Dellu
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Titles of references are incorrectly displayed as "none

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:49 am

Very interesting. Could you please post a minimum non working example and then I will have a look into this issue.
Chris
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Titles of references are incorrectly displayed as "none

Postby Dellu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:41 am

I am now wondering it this has something to do with the size of my bibliography. I copied ten of them to show you as sample and tried them, they work fine. But, they are not working inside the big library.
Dellu
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 pm

Re: Titles of references are incorrectly displayed as "none

Postby Chris » Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:50 am

Ok then just sent me your whole library via email and I will have a look.
Chris
Site Admin
 
Posts: 75
Joined: Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:40 pm

Re: Titles of references are incorrectly displayed as "none

Postby Dellu » Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:33 pm

After some digging, I realized Jabref has been ignoring some deadly errors in my Bib file. When I opened the file in BibDesk; the app picked the errors. I then cleaned all the errors (three references had some weird characters at the Key values); and now Latexing is displaying the titles correctly.


Problem solved.

Thank you for replying.
Dellu
 
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Nov 16, 2013 11:57 pm


Return to Bugs

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron